Winter activities in Gerlos
Skiing in Gerlos
A winter holiday in Gerlos offers everything your heart desires. 143 km of pistes and 51 modern lifts from 1,300 m to 2,500 m above sea level leave no wish unfulfilled.
But even non-skiers & snowboarders get their monies worth.
- Guarenteed Snow above 1,300 m
- Perfect entry into the ski resort Zillertal
- Downhill runs right to the village
- Cross-country skiing
- Winter hiking
- Ski tours
Cross-country skiing and be enchanted by the panoramic view
The Zillertal has numerous cross-country trails of varying difficulty and also in Gerlos:
- Schönachtal trail (approximately 4.3 km) – Difficulty: Easy
- Trail Innertal to Funsingau (approxiately 3.9 km) – Difficulty: Easy
- Stinkmoos trail (approximately 2 km) to Lackenalm (approxiately 2.3 km) – Difficulty: Medium
- Issalm trail (approximately 3.9 km) – Difficulty: Medium
Whiz down the mountain
Tobogganing fun guaranteed - whether on foot or by the mountain railway to the starting point, after a little refreshment off you go. It offers 14 toboggan runs with a total length of 45 km.
In Gerlos it's worthwhile doing the longest toboggan run of Zillertal. The ascent with the Gerlossteinbahn at an altitude of 1650m is convenient and fast. Then you can expect the 7 km toboggan run. The tobogagan run 'Gerlosstein' is lit up to 1 clock at night.